Coconut Flour Porridge
Trying out a Paleo or low carb diet? Or maybe you’re looking for a different spin on your regular morning porridge routine. Whatever the case, give this recipe a try. It is hearty and filling (I felt full about half way through my bowl) and will keep you satiated for hours.
Serving size: 2
- 4 tablespoons coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 ½ cups water
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup, more or less to taste
- Toppings as desired (for example, fresh fruit, nut butter, hemp seeds, kefir, coconut butter, cinnamon)
- Place the coconut flour, ground flax seeds, chia seeds, salt and water in a medium saucepan set on medium high heat. Mix or whisk well to combine. When the mixture begins to simmer, turn to medium low heat and let simmer for about one minute to thicken slightly (the mixture will thicken more with the addition of the egg).
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and slowly add the beaten eggs, while whisking continuously. Place back on the heat, and continue whisking until the porridge thickens.
- Remove from the heat, add the chopped spinach and stir to combine. The spinach will wilt from the heat of the porridge.
- Add the coconut oil, milk and sweetener, stirring to combine.
- Garnish with toppings of your choosing. Enjoy!
- You can omit the eggs and simmer until desired thickness is achieved.
Adapted from Low Carb Maven’s low carb coconut flour porridge recipe, https://www.lowcarbmaven.com/coconut-flour-porridge/